Thursday, September 19, 2013

Showbiz Junkies Interviews Richelle Mead: Talks about 'Vampire Academy', Her Fans, and Being on the Film's Set


Author Richelle Mead’s bestselling book series Vampire Academy is coming to the big screen next Valentine’s Day with Mean Girls director Mark Waters at the helm and Zoey Deutch and Danila Kozlovsky in starring roles. The book series has a passionate fan base and when I found out I was going to be interviewing Richelle, I put out a call on Twitter for questions from fans. The response was immediate as readers are eager to hear any and all news about Mead’s Vampire Academy books and the film adaptation.
 
“I always hoped when I set out writing that I would have readers who were super dedicated and loved what I did,” said Mead when asked about her Vampire Academy fans. “But the actually reality of it has been nothing I was prepared for. They’re wonderful. They’re so into it and they follow things that even I miss. It’s amazing. I’m pretty lucky to have that.”



Read More from the Interview underneath!
Fans are possessive of the characters and are anxiously awaiting the film to see if their expectations are met. And speaking about how her readers feel so involved with the characters she’s created, Mead said, “Obviously in writing plot is important to me, but my heart is especially with the characters. My hope as a writer is that I’m making them real and when I see that effect on readers, that kind of shows me mission accomplished. If they feel that real and that important to my readers’ lives, then hopefully I’ve done what I set out to do.”
 
During our lengthy interview, Mead graciously answered a batch of questions fans had submitted via Twitter:
 
On a scale of one to 10, how close is the movie to the book?
 
Richelle Mead: “Actually, like an eight.”
 
Did you expect it to be an eight? Did you think they would get that close to the source material?
 
Richelle Mead: “No, I really didn’t. I’ve seen some young adult adaptations that go through just a huge transformation and there are reasons for it, which I think fans should understand. When changes are made it’s not to piss anybody off or upset the fandom. A lot of times changes are made because certain things simply will not translate onto the screen in an interesting way. Sometimes those are smart decisions and sometimes in adaptations they can get carried away. You don’t know what you’re going to get, but everyone has the movie’s best intentions at heart when they make these changes.
 
I was pleased that the changes they made were smart ones. It wasn’t just someone who’s like, ‘You know what? Let’s just totally go off in our own direction.’ It was because, ‘Okay, this in the book would not have been as interesting or would not be as clear to the viewers, so we have to do this.’ It made sense and I don’t have a problem with anything like that.”

The FULL INTERVIEW can be found HERE.


3 comments:

filmsmakers said...

Great Content. I appreciate getting this reliable information from you.
Thanks for sharing this great content. I love reading your posts. They are inspiring. I have some relevant information you can review below.

movie reviews
celebrity photos

dedi haryono said...

I really like this website, Thanks for sharing this information. Keep posting more.
| keceprek melinjo | emping melinjo

| Peluang usaha makanan ringan |
Peluang usaha keripik melinjo | phytogreen | zell v platinum | zell v phytogreen | zell-v | zell v phytogreen | placenta domba

dedi haryono said...




Nice information, many thanks to the author. It is incomprehensible to me now, but in general, the usefulness and significance is overwhelming. Thanks again and good luck!
phytogreen | zell v platinum plus | zell v phytogreen | zell v | placenta domba | zell v price | zell v placenta | zell v sheep placenta | zell v product | cream pemutih |suntik stem cell | plasenta rusa | placenta kosmetik | suntik placenta | produk placenta | injeksi placenta | kosmetik placenta | placenta injeksi | suntik placenta domba | suntik placenta di wajah | pemutih wajah placenta | placenta pemutih wajah |pemutih placenta | terapi stem cell | tanam benang | zell v platinum plus