Saturday, January 18, 2014

Dhampir Life and Fangirlish: Countdown to Vampire Academy!

After last nights exciting announcement we are less than three weeks away from Vampire Academy in theaters nationwide! To celebrate we've teamed up with our friends over at Fangirlish to bring you our 20 Day Countdown to Vampire Academy!


Our 20 Day Countdown will consist of daily trivia games, caption contests, chapter recaps, and fun giveaways. Each day we will alternate with Fangirlish to bring you an exciting countdown up until the movies release! Join us for the fun as we await the big day and remember to check back every day to see what we have in store for you. 

Day #1: Scene we're most excited to see:
The pursuing footsteps grew louder, closer. Black stars Black stars danced before my eyes. Ahead of us, I could make out Jeremy's green Honda. Oh God, if we could just make it—
Ten feet from the car, a man stepped directly into our path. We came to a screeching halt, and I jerked Lissa back by her arm. It was him, the guy I'd seen across the street watching me. He was older than us, maybe mid-twenties, and as tall as I'd figured, probably six-six or six-seven. And under different circumstances—say, when he wasn't holding up our desperate escape—I would have thought he was hot. Shoulder-length brown hair, tied back in a short ponytail.  Dark brown eyes. A long brown coat—a duster, I thought it was called.
But his hotness was irrelevant now. He was only an obstacle keeping Lissa and me away from the car and our freedom. The footsteps behind us slowed, and I knew our pursuers had caught up. Off to the sides, I detected more movement, more people closing in. God. They'd sent almost a dozen guardians to retrieve us. I couldn't believe it. The queen herself didn't travel with that many.
Panicked and not entirely in control of my higher reasoning, I acted out of instinct. I pressed up to Lissa, keeping her behind me and away from the man who appeared to be the leader.
"Leave her alone," I growled. "Don't touch her.”
His face was unreadable, but he held out his hands in what was apparently supposed to be some sort of calming gesture, like I was a rabid animal he was planning to sedate.
"I'm not going to—”
He took a step forward. Too close.
I attacked him, leaping out in an offensive maneuver I hadn't used in two years, not since Lissa and I had run away. The move was stupid, another reaction born of instinct and fear. And it was hopeless. He was a skilled guardian, not a novice who hadn't finished his training. He also wasn't weak and on the verge of passing out.
And man, was he fast. I'd forgotten how fast guardians could be, how they could move and strike like cobras. He knocked me off as though brushing away a fly, and his hands slammed into me and sent me backwards. I don't think he meant to strike that hard—probably just intended to keep me away—but my lack of coordination interfered with my ability to respond. Unable to catch my footing, I started to fall, heading straight toward the sidewalk at a twisted angle, hip-first. It out for precisely this reason.
The guy's dark eyes lingered on the now-covered bite a moment longer and then met mine. I returned his look defiantly and quickly jerked out of his hold. He let me go, though I knew he could have restrained me all night if he'd wanted. Fighting the nauseating dizziness, I backed toward Lissa again, bracing myself for another attack. Suddenly, her hand caught hold of mine. "Rose," she said quietly. "Don't.”
Sensing my resignation, the man stepped forward, turning his attention to Lissa. His face was calm. He swept her a bow and managed to look graceful doing it, which surprised me considering his height. "My name is Dimitri Belikov," he said. I could hear a faint Russian accent. "I've come to take you back to St. Vladimir's Academy, Princess."

You guys probably thought we'd pick a different scene (lust charm, anyone?) for our most anticipated scene but truth is, we're ecstatic about the opening sequence. Partly because we've heard author, Richelle Mead, talk about her experience watching it for the first time and how it completely took over as her favorite. Must have been quite a delivery on screen to gather that great of a reaction from the author herself. 

This scene marks the beginning of the story in such a captivating way and also showcases the different dynamics (Rose's loyalty to Lissa and the importance of guardians protecting their Moroi) in this Royal world. 

We've gotten to see quite a bit of this scene from various trailers and TV Spots lately and we can't handle how bad-ass and exhilarating it looks. Zoey Deutch and Danila Kozlovsky are bringing our favorite characters to life brilliantly, and believably.  
(and Lucy, our perfect Lissa, of course!!)
The first meeting is also special because it's the one and only Dimitri POV we've been given and it has added an entirely different element to the scene. 
"Rose Hathaway. 
There was a passion and intensity that radiated off of her, almost like a palpable thing. Tension filled every part of her body as she regarded me, daring me to make a move. She possessed a fierceness I hadn’t expected—that no one had expected, I realized, most likely because they couldn’t see past that delinquent record of hers. But there was a look in her eyes now that said this was no joke, that she would die a thousand times over before she let anyone harm the princess at her back. She reminded me of a cornered wildcat, sleek and beautiful—but fully capable of clawing your face out if provoked." - (Dimitri POV)
After reading this, who wouldn't be excited to see it come to life?
"I also don’t plan on ever underestimating you again, wild girl...And I’ll make sure no one else ever underestimates you either. " - (Dimitri POV)


Which scene are YOU most looking forward to? Tweet us/Comment and you may win a little something ;) 

9 comments:

Estefania Riveros said...

I'm excited about the opening too <3 I wanna see the lust in their eyes when they see each other for the first time bye ALSO DANILA SAYING PRINCESS

Unknown said...

I am excited for the opening scene where they first meet but I'm also excited for Natalie becoming a strigoi :) sarah hyland is so cute! seeing her as a vicious strigoi will be awesome :)

Yesenia said...

I am so excited to see the rescue sequence. I'm curious to see how they will play it from both Lissa and Rose's POV and I want to see their desperation to save her turn into major badassery.

Astrid G.E said...

I'm really excited to see their first training session! Also the bits of action scenes will get on the fist movie and really just to see the chemistry between the cast! :D

Anonymous said...

ninest123 07.07
oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, coach factory outlet, longchamp, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade handbags, burberry, burberry outlet online, gucci outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, michael kors, chanel handbags, christian louboutin outlet, prada handbags, louboutin shoes, nike air max, michael kors outlet, nike free, tiffany jewelry, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, coach outlet, longchamp outlet, nike outlet, prada outlet, louboutin outlet, replica watches, coach outlet, louboutin, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet, jordan shoes, kate spade outlet

Unknown said...

nike nfl jerseys
Christian Louboutin Sale
christian louboutin outlet store
nfl uniforms
Christian Louboutin Online
2015 hot jerseys
Christian Louboutin uk

Unknown said...

0405wangjuan
coach outlet
longchamp handbags
jordan pas cher
true religion outlet
burberry outlet sale
michael kors outlet uk
ray-ban sunglasses
replica watches
oakley sunglasses
fitflops sale clearance
coach outlet
fitflops clearance
lululemon pants
true religion sale
oakley sunglasses
tiffany and co
oakley sunglasses
polo ralph lauren
michael kors outlet
tiffany outlet
coach outlet online
cheap nba jerseys
michael kors factory online
ferragamo shoes
adidas trainers
oakley sunglasses wholesale
rolex watches for sale
beats headphones
michael kors uk outlet
rolex watches for sale

Unknown said...

replica watches for sale
coach outlet online
michael kors handbags
replica watches
nike air max 90
michael kors handbags
ralph lauren outlet
coach outlet
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton outlet
caoch outlet
coach outlet online
jordan retro 3
louis vuitton outlet stores
louis vuitton handbags
polo ralph lauren outlet
coach outlet
jordans for sale
oakley sunglasses
fitflops
polo ralph lauren
nike blazers
rolex watches
burberry outlet
ray ban sunglasses
timberland boots
ray ban sunglasses
jordan 11s
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
michael kors purses
louis vuitton outlet
coach outlet store online
longchamp outlet
michael kors purses
nike sb
jordan 13
coach outlet
michael kors handbags
louis vuitton handbags
20165.21wengdongdong

Unknown said...

20170527 junda
coach outlet
adidas nmd runner
fitflops
michael kors outlet online
nike air huarache
ralph lauren
gucci borse
reebok shoes
cartier watches
ferragamo shoes