Monday, October 21, 2013

Danila Kozlovsky for TopBeauty Magazine

Cover:

+ See more scans from inside the magazine and the translated interview below!

HQ Scan:

LQ Scans:
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

MQ Scans:
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Translated Interview where he mentions Vampire Academy: 

One thing is getting into a Western project, another is to stay in it. How difficult is this in your opinion?
Honestly, I don’t know what to answer you. I don’t have such problem to hold on, hold on to, hang on. I stepped out into the road, took the first steps and realized one thing: I must work, work hard and difficult. All work in Hollywood is like that: from the producer to the light worker  This is the key to their success. Many people have told me on the set of “Legends 17″: “my God, do you train for five hours every day, what a man!” I trained more in London before the filming of “Vampire Academy” and during filming, I worked 14 hours a day. And it was not an act of heroism there. This was the rule: Everyone was working like that because they value their work and their reputation.
Can you compare the organization of film-making and the rules, there (USA) and here(Russia)?
This unfortunately is not comparable in the relation to this case, in the work ethics as in heaven and on earth. For example, one story: One morning my driver took me from the hotel and was driving me to the shooting area as always. On the way I asked him to stop near the store because I wanted to buy candies (one actress had a birthday). He ignored my request and I thought he didn't understand me, so I repeated my request. He took his cellphone from his pocket and said to me: “Talk with our production. Let’s say they give their resolution that I’ll stop near the store and you’ll buy the candies. We left the hotel at 9:00 and we must be on the shooting area at 9:30. You have make-up at 9:45 and you must be on the scene at 10:30. If we stop for 15 minutes you’ll be on the scene at 10:45 and I will be late for another actor, who I must take after you.”
At first I even got angry: why can’t i ask my driver to stop near the store?! But I thought about it for some time and understood that it is very good to cherish your own work place, the shooting team’s time and to follow instructions. And here’s another story: It was a night shooting. Mark Waters, the director of Vampire Academy, said to me: “You must stay near this tree. We’ll mark it now.” “You don’t need to mark it. I’ll remember the tree and I can navigate”, – I answered him because I had such experience with Russian films. Mark didn't even understand what I said. And the guy who was responsible for marking and made this very artistically and diligently  looked at me as if I took away his bread.
We are far behind them in this issue because our film industry was born recently. Someday we’ll have it all too.
What can the West and the Russian cinema offer you in terms of roles?
This is an interesting question. Thank you. I think that no one in Hollywood would offer me a significant role, because I’m not known there. Only a small group of people (the producers, the directors, the agents) know about me. But most importantly, the public still doesn't know me. So in Hollywood I may not get such a level of films of what I get in Russia. But I hope that the release of “Vampire Academy” will open new doors. This film was very good experience. This is the main male role, positive romantic hero of the book, became epic. I am not the Russian who we’re used to see in Western films. I am not a bastard with messy hair, a strange accent and phrases similar to “Give me my money back!”
“Vampire Academy” will be released in February, “Dubrovsky” – in the spring. They are my nearest premieres.

Read the rest of the interview HERE 

1 | 2 | 3