Friday, November 15, 2013

Danila Kozlovsky Interview on the Set of Vampire Academy

Q: Can we start with a basic introduction to your character and how you fit into the story?
Danila: My character, Dmitri. He’s a Russian first of all, but he has been living and working in America for a long time. I would say he’s Russian – he has a Russian character – Russian heart, Russian soul. For me Dmitri is a mystery person, mystery character. Do you know what I mean? Because he is listening to old music for example. He is reading cowboy books, he is wearing long trench coat. I would say he has old soul. But he is 24 years old, he is very young man. His mystery is very attractive to me. Very attractive, but not for me only.

Q: Dmitri is a self composed character, but underneath he has so many layers and so many things that Rose uncovers and things like that. I wanted to see for you – what did you take from your previous work that you applied to your role as Dmitri?
Danila: Good question. Dmitri is almost perfect. It’s quite hard to be like Dmitri. So if I say I am like Dmitri I would not be humble. Cause unfortunately I am not a Dmitri, but I promise I will try to be more Dmitri in the future.

Q: How do you differ from him?
Danila: How do I differ?

Q: I mean other than the fact you are not a vampire.
Danila: Ya, of course. This is the main difference by the way. He is calm. He is very smart. He is clever. He is wise. He is wise, but he is only 24 years old.

Q: A lot of knowledge and experience.
Danila: Ya, absolutely. I think, I hope I have something in common with him.

Read Danila's Full Interview with Fangirlishness HERE